Thursday, July 11, 2013

On the other side of the lens

When Mark and I go on a photo shoot, one of my self assigned duties is to talk up Mark and his work. I do it for two reason....1) because he is a very talented photographer and i'm proud to get the chance to work with him. 2) I think it's important to build up the anticipation of waiting until the photos are ready and when they finally see them they will understand what i mean and remember :)

You see, at Nodland Photography it's always an adventure!  I'm beginning to understand more and more that it really is about the experience and we want our clients to have fun and always think back fondly on the time they spent with us in that moment of their life. I always tell our clients that I am always so surprised when i see the finished images because i see what he's doing...I see the angle he shoots from and i hear when the shutter clicks and i think i'm going to know what they will look like but i'm always blown away with how they turn out. They look so much better than i could have even imagined.

 Never were those words more true tonight when i got to see my photos. Was that really me? The little girl that sometimes still feels like the ugliest kid in 3rd grade sat up straight and proud as i clicked through each photo taking in the beauty of it all... i am very thankful to be where i am in my life and how all of the insecurities are starting to fall away and i'm happy to be who I was created to be. I feel like i'm top of the world. :D

 i wonder if i can get a discount on some prints ;)
 photo _DSC5222-L_zps524478ce.jpg  photo _DSC5110-L_zps6c275e72.jpg  photo _DSC5111-L_zps33c6f1e6.jpg  photo _DSC5114-L_zps1273c99a.jpg  photo _DSC5115-L_zps9a036bac.jpg  photo _DSC5123-L_zps6862406e.jpg  photo _DSC5128-L_zpsd3433bbd.jpg  photo _DSC5133-L_zps1913fdb1.jpg  photo _DSC5144-L_zpsc64de5ea.jpg  photo _DSC5150-L_zpsdaee9c19.jpg  photo _DSC5156-L_zpsdc62ffe2.jpg

1 comment: